SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Survival Kit

Oh hey there! I've been MIA for quite some time, but I'm back and I won't be leaving! So, it's officially the holiday season! I'm actually squealing with excitement because Christmastime is always the best time of the year! I've already decorated my room complete with a mini tree and gold snowflakes hanging from the ceiling! And Christmas music is on repeat (I'm totally obsessed with the Kelly Clarkson Christmas album!). 

It's time for holiday shopping and I've got a few gift guides coming your way! Of course I went Black Friday shopping as it is one of my favorite traditions! My cousin and I ended up heading out at 9:30 and not coming home until 5 am (oops!). We scored some pretty great deals including 60% off at J.Crew Factory and 75% off at Sperry! Although I did more personal shopping than Christmas gift shopping...but I've already started thinking about the gifts I will be purchasing for my family and friends this year. Stay tuned for some great gift guides coming soon! 

With all that said, I definitely have a few essentials that are needed to survive the holiday season! I was inspired to write this post by Man Crates! If you haven't already heard of it be sure to check out their site. They will be sure to do you a huge favor in helping you pick out gifts for the men in your life. Each gift has to be opened with a crowbar to reveal the fun goodies inside! If you're anything like me you find it extremely difficult to shop for men and it's Man Crates mission to end the difficulties associated with buying gifts for men! 

Holiday Survival Kit

Who doesn't love a chunky knit sweater for the holiday season? I actually picked up an adorable red one from Costco (LOL) for only $30! I was describing different outfit ideas to my dad to convince him to buy it for me ha ha. A chunky scarf is the perfect addition to any outfit this holiday season! In previous years I never seemed to wear scarves, but this year I've purchased my fair share!

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect seasonal candle and it's officially time to transition out my fall candles to winter ones! Yankee Candle and Slatkin and Co. definitely have the best selection of scents! Also, cozying up with book and lighting a candle is the perfect way to spend a day snowed-in! These super cozy pajamas from J.Crew are adorable and I'm obsessed with the holiday colors!

My bean boots have been my obsession ever since I purchased them in September. I wear them pretty much every chance I get and they are perfect! And I can't even begin to explain how many compliments and questions I get whenever I wear them! These fun plaid socks add the perfect pop of color too!

A few miscellaneous essentials include peppermint bark from Ghiradelli and the Michael Bublé Christmas album! Let's be honest, I only go into Ghiradelli to get free samples #noshame. Their peppermint bark is honestly the best thing to snack on during the holiday season (although not the healthiest option). And can we just discuss how perfect Michael Bublé is? His voice is angelic and his Christmas album has to be my favorite for the holiday season!

PS today starts #countdown2blogmas! I'm collaborating with several other bloggers to share plenty of posts regarding the holiday season! Be sure to stay tuned for our countdown to Christmas collab!

Check out the other ladies I'm collaborating with!

Marissa // Cathleen // Jamie // Carrie // Alex

What are your essentials to survive the holidays?

Xo!

Post a Comment