SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Apartment Inspiration

Living in a dorm last year was honestly really fun, but I'm so excited to finally have much more space next year in an apartment on campus. We don't have official sorority houses, so although I am in a sorority, as sophomores most LMU students try to live in apartments on campus, rather than buy houses in the surrounding areas. It's honestly so nice because the apartment is on campus. Being in a dorm was so convenient because I was so close to everything, but now I don't have to sacrifice that convenience, while still gaining so much extra space.

I'm rooming with my friend Meghan this year, but my old roommate and other friend are also living in my apartment! Our apartment definitely isn't the most spacious place in the world, however we have two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room and a full kitchen. I'm so so thankful to have a kitchen this year because it will make eating healthy so much easier. Not to mention not having to use communal bathrooms ever again (God bless). I'm also glad because the apartment complex I'm living in is pretty much sophomore central -- the ideal place where all the sophomores want to live. So there will definitely not be a shortage of people around us, which I'm super happy about.









When it comes to decorating I'm using the same bedding and most of the decor from last year. (Also, I just realized I never did a post on my dorm so I have a dorm tour video that I filmed in September, but just never uploaded coming live tomorrow!) Meghan also has white bedding so our room will most likely be pretty neutral. I'm hoping to deck it out with plenty of photos and wall decor. As far as our living room goes we definitely wanted to create some sort of backdrop for photos and what we're thinking right now is a bunch of record covers. However, plans might change so who even knows! Here's what I'm imagining as I shop for items in my apartment.

I definitely want lots of string lights, plants and tons of photos. My roommates and I were even joking about how we wanted to do a photoshoot of the four of us and just fill our apartment with pictures of us four everywhere haha.

Xoxo

4 comments :

  1. I'm also living in an on-campus apartment next year! It's definitely going to be nice to have more space. I can't wait to see how you decorate!

    Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd love to see how you decorate as well Ashley!! Xo!

      Delete
  2. I love your apartment inspo. The fridge covered in pictures is amazing. I want to do that when I have an apartment.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I for sure want to cover my fridge in photos. It will definitely add some fun to an otherwise boring appliance! Xo.

      Delete