SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Style Feature :: Jane

I've only done one of these "style features" before, but I think they're super fun and add a little diversity to my site. Y'all already know what my style is like, but here's a taste of someone else's style!

Meet Jane! 




Describe your style in 3 words.
Comfortable, diverse, and very meI'm sort of all over the place, and my style definitely reflects that. 

What is your most worn piece of clothing?
To be honest, I have a lot of clothes. Out of all those clothes, however, there is probably about 20% that I actually like and wear. I am a firm believer in denim so my most worn pieces are probably Levi's cut-offs or American Eagle skinny jeans. Classic.

Who are your style icons?
Aside from Serena and Blair, I do not necessarily have any famous "style icons". To be honest, I really admire the style of two of my best friends. The lovely Katelyn, of course, always looks fabulous and like she walked out of a J.Crew catalog. My friend Mary Grace and I have a bit more similar of a style, and I love her daringness and just want to steal everything she wears!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
If I could, I would not only shop at, but live in Anthropologie. I also love/lust over Free People and J.Crew. I am also a huge fan of cute little boutiques and the occasional thrift store adventure. 

When did you discover your personal style?
Oh wow, that is a loaded question. I have always loved clothes and dressing up, as I am sure Katelyn could attest to. I think my lack of one definite style is very me and that, in itself, is my "personal style". 

Do you tend to follow trends or stick to our own ideas of what's trendy?
I would not consider myself a trend-follower nor trendsetter. I am not the hugest fan of fast fashion and I like to think I would stick to my own idea of "trendy," whether or not anyone else agrees.

What is your go-to piece?
My go-to piece would have to be a funny t-shirt. As fashionable as I try to be, I will always be satisfied in a dorky and comfortable t-shirt.

What are your favorite accessories?
Who doesn't love to accessorize? In the summer, you can catch me rocking a super chic wrist tan from the stacks of bracelets my friends and I slaved over making. I also love subtle necklaces or really loud statement necklaces! My all time favorite accessory would have to be the Cape Cod screwball bracelet. So simple and special, I never take mine off!

What's your favorite mantra regarding style?
At the end of the day, it all comes back to the one and only Tim Gunn. Honestly, "make it work." As cheesy as it sounds, I think this little saying is so applicable to life. If something makes you happy, do it, own it! That could not be more true to fashion!

Are you loving Jane's style? I definitely am! And you cannot even argue with the fact that her hair is absolutely perfect! It's so long and pretty!

Xo

2 comments :

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) http://elizathecatlady.blogspot.de/2014/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete