SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fall Hometown Hunt

I'm excited to share my favorite Fall activities in Chicago after being inspired by Eventbrite's Fall Hometown Hunt project. They're inspiring bloggers to share the best local spots for Fall activities. If you're thinking about creating an event, check out their ticket selling tool! It's only November, and there's still a bit of time to spend outside enjoying the crisp fall air! The main thing I miss about sweet home Chicago is definitely the season of fall. Los Angeles is pretty mild year round and although I know I'll love this come January, right now I'm definitely missing the cool air. 

Also, after the Cubs won the world series I was seriously so upset not to be home. I ended up watching "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and became super eager to go home for break. Besides being back in my hometown I can't wait to see family and finally be in a real house! Agh, and no shower shoes. 

Today I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite fall events that Chicago has to offer. Although fall is mid-way through there's still so many things to do before the season is over and winter is upon us!

Look at the leaves // Okay, seriously this was my favorite thing about being in Chicago. My town is lined with gorgeous trees that change to all shades of red, orange and yellow. We have the greatest front porch at my house and my favorite thing to do was sit out there and just enjoy the beautiful leaves. Also, the woods in my town were so beautiful during the fall and are perfect for a nature walk. Don't forget to bring a pumpkin spice latte! Lol, I've actually never had one. Are they any good?

Chicago River Cruise // I went on one of these for a History of Chicago field trip and it has easily been one of my favorite things I've ever done in the city. I absolutely love seeing all of the amazing architecture the city has to offer, and it's such a great way to get outside!

Apple picking // This is one thing that you can still do even after Halloween is over. Grab friends and go pick apples at an orchard nearby and be sure to have a super fall-ish photo shoot. That's one thing I wish I would've done this year! Afterwards, bake an apple pie or make cider. Yum!!

Thanksgiving Parade // I have yet to actually attend the Thanksgiving Day parade, but it looks like so much fun! It runs along State Street full of floats and marching bands. A few of my friends go every year, while I usually chill at home. We host for Thanksgiving every year and it's a little hectic as we prepare the house and food for our guests! My brother and dad always have a Turkey Bowl the morning of Thanksgiving as well!  

What are things you do in your town each fall?

Xo

Post a Comment