SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

5 Things I'm Bad At

For my job at school in August I had to take a personality test, which isn't something I've taken in quite a long time. It identified my strength themes as adaptability, maximizer, includer, significance and context. I can definitely resonate with includer because I've always been someone to include others and try and allow everyone to become friends. As much as I think it's important to recognize your strengths, it is also very essential to point out your weaknesses. Personally, I'm a maximizer and I like to play to my strengths, rather than work on my weaknesses. But, it's still important to recognize them to work and improve them! Basically, these are five things that I'm bad at, but not all are too serious ;)



1. Giving people their stuff back // It's not that I'm a thief and want to keep people's things, but I truly just forget to give them back. Currently I have an entire bag full of things that aren't mine that I've had for years that I need to give back to people. At this point, however, I highly doubt the majority of these people even want their stuff back. I have two t-shirts I borrowed from a friend at least 2 years ago, that she probably doesn't remember I have, let alone even want back. Maybe she does though...Jane, do you want that orange U of I t-shirt I borrowed a long time ago? Lmk.

2. Keeping up with pop culture // I think this is something people might argue against, but I really think it's true. I don't binge-watch the majority of shows on Netflix, never have watched a season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette, never know the popular rap music, and rarely stay up to date with celebrities. Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing, but then when people are constantly having conversations about Chance The Rapper's latest album, who The Bachelor gave the final rose to or how cute Thomas Rhett's daughter is, I am constantly left out. This isn't something I care to work on though, because truly I'm just not that interested in it all.

3. Remembering things // I am truly worried for my elderly self because I have a feeling I won't be able to remember anything. I think it's partially because my mind moves very quickly that I have trouble remembering things. Part of it is because I'm juggling a constant list of to-do's, but I also can't even remember what stories I told to who. It becomes super frustrating, but there's not much I can do besides trying to write things down so I don't forget.

4. Not complaining // This is something I've always struggled with, but continually try to work on. I can pretty much find the wrong in any situation and definitely complain a lot about things when they really are not that bad. In the past I've tried to cut out complaining all together, but found that extremely difficult. Over time I've worked toward complaining less, and hopefully it will eventually stop altogether.

5. Saving money // Currently I am still in debt to my parents for a trip I took with my school senior year that I agreed to pay for half of. Will my parents ever get their pay? I'm not sure. I'm so bad at saving money it's seriously concerning. I spent a ridiculous amount of money my first semester of college that I actually had to dip into my savings and start freelance writing just to make it through my second semester.

Now I'm eager to hear...what's something you're bad at?

Xoxo

Post a Comment