SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 4, 2016

Realistic Goals for 2016


I'm typically the type of person with their head constantly in the clouds. I'm such a dreamer and that isn't always a bad thing, but often I get stuck dreaming and it's difficult for me to snap back into reality. This year when thinking of resolutions for the new year I wanted to pick resolutions that were actually realistic and that I could stick to. Some of these are super simple and easy, but can be effective if maintained. I've let a few of these slide for the first few days of January because I am still on winter break, but I'm headed back to school tomorrow and I'm set on maintaining these goals as I head back to school.

Make my bed every day // This is something that truly takes 3 minutes in the morning, but can drastically change your entire day! Whenever I make my bed I begin my day feeling more productive, don't opt to get back in bed and if nothing else in my room is organized it makes my room look just a little bit better. 

Only eat at the table // I am someone that constantly is eating in my bed. Gross, I know. For some reason I just like to be cozy and comfortable when I eat so I tend to bring little snacks up to my room to enjoy while watching YouTube videos or relaxing. This needs to be stopped! First of all, it's just plain gross, but also it's super unhealthy of me. 

Eat breakfast every day // Since middle school I've been skipping out on breakfast and I've come to the conclusion that this is not good for my health. What tends to happen is I don't eat breakfast, am starving by lunch and then continue to eat snacks throughout the day because my body is craving the nutrients I missed from not eating breakfast.

Take more photos // Not in a sense of saving snapchat selfies, but like actual photos. I feel like everyone gets so caught up in taking photos on Snapchat and posting it to your story and taking photos just to post them everywhere, but this year I want to take photos just for myself. Photos are a way to save a memory, not just to inform all of your "fans" of what you're up to. Update: people don't really care. 

These are just a few simple things I want to change in my life for 2016. I'm eager to hear...

What are your resolutions for the new year?

Xoxo

4 comments :

  1. love "people don't really care"..tru chainz (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make my bed every morning but my boyfriend is still asleep when I leave for work. It's something that bothers me but I know there's nothing I can do about it! Also -- there is something really satisfying about having something lined up to watch on TV/Youtube and eating in the comfort of your own bed! :)

    Merrissa / http://www.radmaverix.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that I have been doing since I was old enough to walk, is make my bed every single day. There is not one day that goes by that I do not make my bed. To me, there is something about an unmade bed that makes me feel so unproductive. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is make my bed, no matter my agenda. It helps me have a fresh start to each day, and starts my day with a simple task that will help me be more productive!

    ReplyDelete