SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Senioritis


Currently I'm really feeling the seniority. Everyone told me junior year would be rough, but no one mentioned that senior year would be just as stressful, maybe even more. My classes this year are overall easy (even though the majority are AP's lol), but it's really the college apps that are getting to me. 

I never felt totally on top of things, but recently I've felt that there is just so much to do. As I began writing essays, curating my Common App and finalizing my list of schools I'm applying to I really started to feel the pressure. For so long it felt that college was so far in the future, but everything's happening so quickly and the future isn't so far away.

I pictured senior year like High School Musical 3, complete with my own rendition of Troy Bolton. Yet I'm discovering that this portion of the school year is extremely crucial to my future and that focusing on college apps is the important thing to be doing right now. I've quickly gotten caught up in the excitement of senior year and all the festivities, but I think taking a step back and looking at the big picture of everything really helps keep my focus. 

Although college apps are extremely stressful and I'm surely feeling the heat, I think just focusing on applying and nothing else right now is the best thing to do. By this I mean not picturing where I'll be accepted, or sadly, denied and only focusing on submitting my best essays and trying to give colleges the best picture of me. And as soon as the letters start rolling out in the new year I'll figure out exactly where I want to go to school. 

How's your school year going?

2 comments :

  1. I totally agree that HSM gave me false expectations of high school, especially senior year! It's been a very stressful year and it's barely October, don't worry we'll get through this together:)
    xo, Syd
    www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete