SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hello June + Links To Try

June is officially here! It's day #5 of summer for me and I can't say that I've done a lot yet. I made a plan that each day in the summer I would live each day to the fullest, but I've been lazy and opted to relax and watch Netflix these past few days. I think that having a few days to be relaxed is always nice, especially at the start of summer. And honestly, the weather in Chicago has been awful! Saturday I went into the city to go shopping and it was pouring rainy and so windy! Today is the first day that it's actually been nice out so I'm spending the day poolside!

With June officially here I need to get started on my summer bucket list. There's quite a few things on there, but some of them are super simple. I think my motto this summer is really just to live each day to the fullest. The summer is only so long and doing fun things each day will really just make the summer so much more fun. Here are a few things that are on my list for the summer.

1. Head to the city more often. I live so close to downtown Chicago (literally a fifteen minute car ride) and I need to start taking advantage of this! There are so many things to do in the city and I want to try them all! Last summer my friends and I loved going to yoga at Navy Pier and then going out to brunch. We also loved just exploring different areas of the city that we hadn't before!

2. Chill poolside. As much as I love Netflix, a much better way to relax in the summer is chilling by the pool. At least when you're by the pool you're getting some Vitamin D and soaking up the sun a bit! 

3. Balance out friendships & plan ahead. This year especially I've made a ton of new friends which comes with a lot of pros and cons. In the summer especially it can be difficult to ensure that I'm hanging out with everyone that I want to, but planning ahead can definitely help with this!

4. Stay away from the screens. This is truly a top tip! I don't want to waste my entire summer hiding behind a tv screen, my laptop or my phone. Seriously, there is so much more to life! I love going on YouTube and of course blogging, but setting a limit for yourself is honestly one of the best ideas for the summer--especially when you're an internet addict like myself. 

What are your summer plans?

Xo

2 comments :

  1. Love these, Kate! Happy summer!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete