SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Getting Fit for Lent


Usually for lent I tend to give up some food that is bad for me. I usually give up cookies (my favorite), but then at some point or another I give up and just give up on lent all together. It's always difficult because Easter always falls just after spring break and going on spring break and not enjoying some of my favorite things is super difficult. And my parents set the rule that if we're over 200 miles away from our home, lent doesn't count. Not so sure if this was a good idea, but it was always a nice treat to be able to eat whatever we gave up over spring break. This year I decided against giving up one thing and I'm going do try and do one thing. This being working out! As my drill season comes to a close, I think getting into shape before spring break is nothing short of a great idea. Drill isn't really a workout anyways, to be honest. For lent I don't plan on working out every single day of the week (I don't have time for that!), but at least 4-5 days! This is manageable enough, and will help me get fit just in time for spring break and summer! The best part of it all is that lent is a long time. This will hopefully give me time to develop working out as a habit and not a chore. These are a few different workout ideas that I'm itching to try! 





What's your workout routine? I'm dying to hear!

Xo

4 comments :

  1. I love doing various Blogilates videos (check it out on youtube). Cassey (the instructor) has made hundreds of videos so you'll never get tired of doing the same workouts over and over again and you can decide each day what body part you want to target. I have nothing but praises for her :)

    Good luck on your workout challenge!!
    Eliza

    www.elizasramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your recommendation Eliza! I'll DEFINITELY check those out! Xo!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking of doing the same thing as you! I had a gym membership over the summer and I literally went every single day because 1) I had nothing else to do and 2) once you get into the routine, you're just so motivated to keep going. However, once school started and my membership ended, I haven't really exercised yet. I got a membership for my birthday a little over a month ago and haven't even gone yet due to all the snow and being so busy! I have some free time tonight so I'm definitely going to pop over to the gym. We should motivate each other to work out during Lent! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we should! I'll email you and we can chat! Xo!

      Delete