SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 9, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer X Target

The new Lilly Pulitzer collection that's hitting Target stores in April has been all the rage. When I first heard the news I was absolutely overjoyed! I'm a huge fan of Lilly Pulitzer, but I was excited when Target would offer different types of products with Lilly prints. I don't have a Lilly store near me and the products that are available online are limited to clothing, shoes, jewelry, and a few accessories. As Lilly always said, "style isn't about what you wear, it's about how you live". With this statement in mind I can't wait to purchase a few items for the home from the new collection. I am intrigued though as to how the clothing line is going to play out. I'm a huge fan of the iconic prints, but Lilly Pulitzer has always been known to be more of a luxury brand with a higher price tag. When sold at Target I'm sure the prices will only be a fraction of what they usually are. I'm interested to see the quality of these products as well. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the collection!

But, there was so much controversy on Twitter and I was so confused! I thought everyone would be so excited that the brand of Lilly Pulitzer is branching out and extending to a wider audience. Yet, people didn't seem to feel that way. I read an article by Marissa that totally made me believe that the Lilly Pulitzer collection for Target is a good thing! I totally agree with her that extending Lilly Pulitzer to Target stores not only appeals to a larger audience, but also promotes the idea that "fashion is for everyone" no matter what price range one can afford. 

Let me know what you think of the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection! I'd love to hear! 

Xo

Post a Comment