SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 4, 2016

This Week's Lesson

I received a lot of positive feedback regarding this style of post so I thought why not continue with it?! Honestly, I thought last week was definitely a week of learning and that the next week I'd probably have nothing to talk about, but low and behold, I have a lesson I definitely learned this week.

So last week I skipped Friday to go skiing with my cousins. I returned to school Monday, but definitely not prepared for the week ahead. I did little to no homework over the weekend because I simply forgot, but also was definitely putting it off to have a relaxing weekend. After going to school on Monday I ended up leaving eighth period because I felt super sick. I had to stay home from school all of Tuesday too because I still had the stomach bug. Which, by the way all of my cousins and aunts/uncles that I was with over the weekend ended up getting too...talk about contagious. 

So Wednesday happened and I had to go back to school. I realized that I missed so much work and that I was way behind in most of my classes. Normally if I miss a day of school I tend to catch up pretty quickly, without stress. But for some reason I missed three quizzes and plenty of assignments by the two days that I was absent. 

As I returned to school I honestly contemplated leaving on Thursday because I felt so swamped with make up work. I also was still recovering from being sick and having 6 am morning practices was not helping. I also was supposed to go on a field trip Thursday, but decided against it. I ended up hustling and getting everything done that I needed to on Thursday and felt so relieved once I had finished all of it.

Basically, my lesson of the week is if you must miss school for some reason, stay on top of your assignments. It's much easier to make up something if you have already done the prerequisites, aka me studying for a quiz the night before that I should have taken a week ago if I hadn't missed it.

School at times should be stressful, but it shouldn't consistently stressful and my situation could have totally been avoided! Lesson learned.

What did you learn this week? & have an amazing weekend!

Xoxo

1 comment :

  1. A lesson I learned this week(end) is that although it can be scary to be honest with someone, even about the most mundane things, it can save you a lot of time and stress and people would rather hear the truth than be lied to.

    xx
    Kris

    ReplyDelete