SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Five Ways To Get in a Good Mood


Recently it's not that I've been in a bad mood, but I've just been completely done with life by the time I get home at the end of the day. After a long day of school and practice all I want to do is go home and go to sleep. But, I still have to do homework, eat dinner and somewhat socialize with my family. When I'm feeling especially annoyed with everyone/everything by the end of the day these are my favorite things to do to get in a good mood to end my evening.

+1. Light a candle
Especially in the fall I love burning candles nonstop. It's also just a nice way to wind down and relax late into the evening, especially when the candle is scented. It also provides nice lighting when I'm blogging in my room and working in my office. 

+2. Make a playlist
I love listening to music while doing pretty much everything. I recently (finally) learned how to use Spotify and I'm absolutely obsessed with it! One of my new favorite pastimes is definitely making playlist for all different occasions. Whenever I'm feeling stressed or irritable I like to take a short break from whatever I'm doing and make a playlist that fits my current mood. The other night I made the best chill playlist and I've been listening to it nonstop!

+3. Watch your favorite YouTubers
I've mentioned my obsession with YouTube before, but the main thing I do to get in a better mood is watch my favorite YouTubers. I love watching beauty gurus (of course!), but also love watching others as well. A few of my favorites to watch include Miranda Sings (if you're in need of a good laugh), Connor Franta (if you're looking to talk about life) and Cambria Joy (if you need to be inspired). 

+4. Retail therapy
Whenever I'm feeling super annoyed I always like to go online and shop. Idk why, but for some reason I always feel so much better when I've found a few more things that I'd like to add to my collection of clothing. This is sort of a random thing, but shopping online always makes me feel better and puts me in a good mood.

+5. Vent & take a deep breath
Sometimes everything that's bothering you just needs to come out. I have one friend that we have a mutual relationship of venting to when we're upset. It's so nice. Usually I just need to get all of the things that are bothering me out, but not by telling the entire world or complaining about it to everyone. It's so nice to just complain for a few minutes about everything that is currently annoying me whether it be school, college apps, friends, etc. and have someone listen and give somewhat of a response, but to know that they won't repeat anything you just said. After venting I like to take a deep breath and realize that everything is going to be okay and to just relax a bit.

What are your tips to getting in a good mood?

Xoxo

2 comments :

  1. I'm definitely making this photo the background on my computer, oh my gosh I love it!

    Carly June | cinciprep

    ReplyDelete