SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's in My Backpack

The school year is here and I thought this was totally an essential post! I had my first day back yesterday and it went surprisingly well. I'm still convinced the entire year is going to be like High School Musical 3 though so I'm hunting down a Troy Bolton!

I've used the same backpack for a couple years now and I think I've got down all the essentials that I like to carry around during the school year. The #1 tip for success in life is to be prepared. Always show up to school with everything you need and all supplies for each class. I seriously cannot stress this enough! My freshman year I was so good at this and would actually get so anxious if I forgot to do an assignment and had to scramble to do it before class. Sophomore year I got a little lazy and would do things at the last minute, but to make this year as simple/not stressful as I can I definitely want to show up to school with everything I need and entirely prepared for each class.

Here's what I keep in my backpack!

Backpack Essentials

First things first everyone needs an agenda! I'm obsessed with my Lilly one and absolutely love the layout. I've been using Lilly Pulitzer agendas since the start of high school and they have helped me keep organized and made sure I wrote down & completed all of my assignments. Obviously you're going to need some writing utensils and these Kate Spade pens are just too cute! And if you have writing supplies you need somewhere to store them! I'm so in love with my ban.do pencil pouch. It's seriously the cutest--although the zipper is sometimes a struggle. In addition to writing supplies you'll want some folders and notebooks. I like using the ones from Five Star and coordinating the same color notebook and folder for each class.

 As far as little extra things you might need having a snack, chapstick, gum, Advil, and lotion are much needed. Also if your phone doesn't hold it's charge and you use it frequently throughout the day I suggest purchasing an on-the-go charger. This one from ban.do is super cute and also gets the job done. I also love bringing headphones to school because I like listening to music in my study hall while I work. 

Additionally this Tory Burch cosmetic bag is perfect for storing feminine products in your bag. You seriously don't want to forget those! Also, don't forget to bring a water bottle to school every day. I'm forgetful and tend to forget my water bottle a lot, but then am so disappointed when I'm parched in class and can't leave to get water.

The backpack I use is the North Face Surge II in navy and I absolutely love it. It has so many compartments and fits everything you could possibly need for school. Besides that I like the neutrality of the navy color because it never clashes with my outfits. North Face backpacks are also super durable so I highly recommend them!

Now I'm dying to know...what do you carry in your backpack?

Xoxo

2 comments :

  1. One thing I really love to keep in my backpack is a the pinch provisions mini-emergency kit. It's perfect for that random time you need a sewing kit and what not!

    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like such a good idea! Then you're always prepared! Thanks for your comment! Xo!

      Delete