SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 24, 2015

How To Get Ready in 10 Minutes and Actually Look Good

I'm a night owl. School nights especially I tend to stay up way too late watching YouTube videos, binge watching Netflix or finishing up assignments. So who can blame me when I want to sleep in for an extra five (or thirty) minutes in the morning? I'm the queen of waking up late so I've learned a little bit about getting ready in a jiffy and I'm here to share my tips! We've all been there when we wake up way too late and end up looking awful and feeling bad about it all day long. Here's the best way to get ready super fast and actually look good!

+Do it all the night before
This is my main strategy for getting ready fast. It all happens the night before. Be sure to do as much as you can the night before. My sister can always trust herself to wake up on time to do the things she needs to in the morning. I, however, will end up waking up late and scrambling to do the many things I forgot to do the night before. Pack your backpack, lunch and athletic bag (if you're on a sport) the night before. I like to have my backpack ready to go, along with a healthy lunch and the clothes I need for drill that day.

+Make a playlist
Make a playlist that's fairly short and only allow yourself that playlist time to get ready. If you playlist only has about 3 songs that's about ten minutes already so ensure that once the playlist is over you're finished getting ready! You can also plan on doing something over the course of one song. For example you could say, "Okay my hair and makeup has to be finished by the end of this song!"

+Skip the heavy makeup
I'm really not into wearing a ton of makeup every day, but if you like to and you're running late, skip the foundation and all of the extras. Go for a light powder just to give your face an even tone, apply some quick bronzer to give your face some light color and curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. This makeup look is so quick, but is just enough. You won't look like you woke up so late! If you really want/need to you can apply some concealer to those under-eye circles or blemishes.

+Go for a basic outfit
If you don't have a uniform, the majority of us like to pick out something cute to wear most of the time. But, sometimes we're just at a loss for time. In this case I'd recommend either throwing on a plain t-shirt and jeans or some running shorts and a t-shirt. Honestly, being a senior I've been very lenient about what I wear. Really, just wear what makes you comfortable! If I'm running late and have had a rough morning I'm going to be so thankful later when I'm wearing a comfortable outfit at school.

+Au natural hair
This year I've really been trying to embrace my natural hair and I've worn it natural this entire school year! Okay so I've only been in school for a week, but last year I straightened my hair every day for the first four months of school. I'm so over spending so much time on my hair so now I just like to wear it natural. This is such a time-saver in the morning too because you don't have to spend 30 minutes straightening or curling your hair. If you're not okay with wearing your natural hair go for a cute side braid or ask someone to french braid your hair in class! This way your hair looks like you actually tried and you look great!

+Breakfast on-the-go
Obviously if you're running late you're not going to have the luxury of sitting down and enjoying a nice breakfast and coffee. If you must have your coffee, put it in a to-go mug and drink it at school. Trust me, no one will judge you. And grab a granola bar or trail mix that you can eat in the car or in between your classes!

How do you get ready quickly?

Xoxo


1 comment :

  1. I set my alarm for an hour before I actually have to leave for school... I end up getting out of bed thirty minutes later. I throw on a t shirt and gym shorts. I wear bb cream, some concealer, a light eye shadow and mascara. Then, I pack my book bag and head downstairs to get some breakfast. I'm not a coffee drinker. I drink carnation breakfast drinks and eat a nutrigrain bar and head out the door!

    ReplyDelete