SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Where I Ate In NYC

I was exploring the archives of iPhoto and stumbled upon plenty of photos of food I enjoyed while in NYC. I didn't want to make this post solely about the delicious dishes I ate, but more so about the different places I went to. My mom always says, "why eat when you can dine?", and she is absolutely right! Part of the experience of dining somewhere isn't just the food, but the overall experience and feel you get. So, these are some of the places I tested out while in NYC!

The Smith
After landing in NYC, we checked into our hotel and were eager to grab a bite to eat. We stayed at The Empire (aka where Chuck Bass hangs) and The Smith is right across the street. The outdoor area is so cute, but it was way to hot and humid to eat outside that day. The food was delicious, but I'm mad I missed out on the mac + cheese! I had completely forgotten that someone had recommended it to me!

Shake Shack
Okay so I didn't actually eat at Shake Shack in NYC because the line was insane. But, they brought Shake Shack to Chicago a few months later and let me just say it is so good. There aren't a ton of locations in the United States so if you're ever in NYC check out one of the many! Trust me, it's worth the wait!

Cognac
Being in New York, I wanted to dine on the Upper East Side. Also, dining outside was absolutely a must. We ventured to this cute French restaurant on the Upper East Side and it was beyond delicious!

The Crosby Bar

While exploring SoHo, we were eager to try out a fun lunch place. The Crosby Bar + Hotel has the cutest interior designs. Also, while exploring the hotel after lunch we found the cutest little garden! There were so many bright colors in the restaurant and the seating was so comfortable and colorful!

Tavern on The Green
This was probably my favorite place to dine in New York. Located on Central Park, the outdoor dining location is absolutely stunning. Strung lights and patio furniture, along with plenty of greenery, make for a beautiful outdoor dining experience. Purely out of coincidence, there was a fireworks show over Central Park just as we were finishing up our dinner. It made for a perfect ending to my NYC trip!

I'm hoping to head back to NYC this summer (fingers crossed!) and I'd love to hear any dining recommendations!

Xo

2 comments :

  1. Food looks great! So do you! I'll definitely try to keep in mind to try these places out if I ever make my way to NY (which is soon I hope since my sister lives in Queens!)

    Anna
    NewSouthernCharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy Kate! Love the posts and proud to say you have a new subscriber!

    xo
    Maria | http://seasaltandsun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete