SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 15, 2017

I'm Back. For Good!

Wow, blogging throughout college has turned out to be one of my biggest failures yet. All throughout high school I looked forward to posting on my blog and sharing different content for my readers five days a week, but college life got the best of me and blogging just wasn't as much as a priority as it used to be. But, I'm here now to stay for summer and I'm really going to strive to post five days a week and remain active on social media. So please comment what you'd like to see in the future because I'm pretty much open to anything! With that said, here's a little life update for you guys.
About a month ago I headed north of LA to San Francisco for Easter break. Going to a Jesuit school definitely has its perks; a full week for spring break plus five days off for Easter. A whole recap on the trip will be up tomorrow, but it was seriously so fun. It's only a six hour drive and three of my friends and I stayed in Danville, but went into the city on Saturday. More on that to come ;)
After returning from Easter break I spent most of my time studying for finals and with a broken phone. I broke my phone yet again, but managed to get a new one just in time for my sorority's formal. I brought a friend from high school that goes to school out west too and we had so much fun dancing and eating all of the snacks at the venue. 
The week before finals was my Big's birthday and we celebrated by going bowling. Seriously, bowling is like one of my favorite things ever and it was so much fun to spend some time with her, my phamily and her friends! I spent that weekend going to the final parties of the semester and overall just spending time with all of the girls on my floor. 
The week of finals was probably the most stressful time of my life because I had to manage studying for all of my finals (which was much harder than first semester) and moving everything out of my dorm and into my storage unit or luggage for the plane. Not to mention my recently developed fear of flying was distracting me the entire week. I managed to get through my finals and get everything out of the room in time and make my flight. Not before hauling my futon and rug in my friend's convertible with the top down because it wouldn't have fit any other way. Not having a car at school proved to be most irritating during move-out but thank God for Zipcar!
Two days before I left for school my friends and I went out to dinner for one final hoorah. Funny story actually, we wanted to go to this rib restaurant, but no one wanted to pay for it so we actually started a GoFundMe. I never thought anyone would donate or that we'd get more than $5, but we ended up raising $280 for our dinner!! It was so much fun to go out for a big, lavish dinner, but not actually have to pay for it.

I've been home for just over a week now and I cannot even begin to explain how good it feels to be in my own bed, have real food, and not have to wear shoes in the shower. College is so so fun and awesome, but it feels good to be back for a full four months. And it's even more fun being reunited with old high school friends. Something about distance makes relationships even stronger and all the petty things that happened in high school are really in the past. 

It's so refreshing to be on summer break and have zero responsibility - sort of :). I'm working as a camp counselor at a country club this summer and couldn't be more excited. I was in dire need of a full time job and am glad I found something that is fun, but also outdoorsy. Not to mention I'm done at 4 so I'll have the evenings and weekends to spend time with friends. 

What are you looking to read on ASAK? Please comment below because I'm in need of ideas, but I have a few different things coming up this week!!

Xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Your adventures for the past month sound amazing. I'd love to hear more about your job as a camp counselor.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete