SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My Go-To Healthy Foods

At the start of the year and lent too I attempted to begin to eat healthier. I truly strive to eat healthy most of the time, but find it super difficult to resist chocolate chip cookies and pretty much anything else sweet. I've come to realize that when I'm heating healthy I truly feel so much better, my skin is much more clear, and I have so much more energy! I recently stopped drinking soda too and I have truly noticed a world of a distance in my energy and overall mood. Not that I really drank soda all that much anyways, but it's so bad for you and especially your teeth so that seemed like enough of a reason to stop drinking it. 

Although I've been trying to eat healthier that does not mean eating less. I'm a girl that will forever love food and now I choose that when I snack (which is often) I like to have something more nutritional. These are my go-to foods that I'm constantly eating!

Oatmeal // For the longest time I loved the smell of oatmeal (mmm maple & brown sugar), but hated the texture. Now I've gotten it down. A little bit of vanilla almond milk and a whole lot of blueberries makes for the perfect breakfast.

Avocado Toast // I used to strictly eat this for breakfast, but now I'm totally open to eating this at all times of day. I just slice up an avocado, spread it on some bread (my fave is ezekiel) and add a wee bit of salt and pepper. Seriously, to die for.

Peanut Butter & Apple // For this I love cutting up a ripe honeycrisp apple and scooping a big tablespoon of peanut butter. Then I just grab a fork and dig in!

Berries // Berries will always be my thing. I absolutely love all fresh berries. They make for a perfect snack and are so sweet! If I'm feeling extra sassy I like to sprinkle a little sugar on my strawberries.

What are your go-to healthy foods?

Xoxo

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely LOVE avocado toast - it's one of my favorite snacks at work! People are always commenting that I eat them so often, but it's such a great go-to when you're trying to be healthy and want something a little more substantial!

    xo
    Olivia
    PrepEssentials

    ReplyDelete