SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Daily Hair Routine

Oh how I miss when my hair was this length! 

I'm at a point where I have (more or less) come to peace with my hair. I've never been satisfied with wearing my hair natural because I find it to be annoying and too short to embrace my waves, so I opt to style it every day. For some reason I only appreciate my hair after I cut it. After I chopped off a ton of hair fall of my junior year I instantly fell in love with my old hair...WTF Kate. If I'm speedy, I can get my hair straightened in ten minutes--which isn't a bad sacrifice of time in the morning. Curling my hair takes more time because I have to make sure to straighten my hair about halfway down so that it isn't full of kinks. I really only curl my hair for special occasions, just because I find it to be far too time consuming in the morning. I typically only give myself 40 minutes to an hour to get ready so I'm not willing to sacrifice 30 of those minutes to curl it. 

Alright, let's begin with my hair care. I'm definitely not the best when it comes to taking care of my hair because I use heat on it practically every day. I attempt to make up for it by getting trims every so often and cutting off the dead ends. The shampoo and conditioner I have been using recently is the Dove daily moisture shampoo & conditioner. I fluctuate between different shampoos, just depending on what my mom buys, but I really have been loving this. The shampoo super clarifying for my hair and the conditioner makes my hair so soft. I massage my scalp with the shampoo for around 45 seconds (very important!) and then apply the conditioner only to the ends of my hair. I leave this on for around 5 minutes and then rinse it off. 

One of my best haircare secrets is to do a final hair rinse with cold water. This works wonders for shine! It is definitely difficult (especially in the winter), but it makes your hair look amazingly shiny!

After I'm out of the shower I like to towel dry my hair and use a paddle brush to brush through my hair. I try and be extra gentle because hair is super prone to breakage when it's wet. Then I apply my absolute favorite product ever the Matrix deep smoothing leave in cream. It is pretty expensive for a hair product, but it is seriously amazing for my coarse, wavy hair. It smooths all flyaways (and trust me, I have super annoying ones) and tames all frizz. This leaves my hair so so soft too. 

I typically let my hair air dry and then sleep on it. In the morning I use a tourmaline ceramic hair straightener to straighten my hair. I can't find the exact one that I have, but I got it from Marshall's forever ago for about $40. 

If my hair isn't cooperating that day I may use a few spritzes of hairspray to tame it. 

That's it! This was definitely a long post, but I wasn't sure how to shorten it exactly. Further questions? Email me here!

Xoxo

Post a Comment