SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 21, 2014

School Organization

via
It's no secret that organization is key to success in school (especially high school and college), but for some of us it is difficult to stay organized. I know that in the beginning of each semester I start out fresh with folders and notebooks labeled and organized, but by the end of the semester everything is pretty much just thrown in my backpack. This year I want to try as hard as I can to avoid this because finals and AP's are always left at the end of the semester and staying organized until this very last bit is crucial to success! These are my essentials and tips for staying organized this school year!

Agenda // I did a whole post about agendas here, but having an agenda is crucial for staying organized. Towards the end of the year last school year my agenda totally fell apart and I was going without an agenda for a while and I became so disorganized! The agenda you use does not have to be Lilly Pulitzer however! Even using the one provided by the school is a great option, but if you're looking for a cuter choice look at Lilly Pulitzer or Kate Spade!

Notebooks + Folders // One tip that I got from a friend of mine was to use folders and notebooks of the same color for the same subject. I love this idea! Although, I'm too lazy to actually use folders and tend to slide papers in the little pockets in the front of my notebooks. This year though my notebooks have a folder as the front cover which is totally genius!

Pens, Pencils, Etc. // Keep all this stuff on hand and in a pencil pouch! If you're just shoving your pens and pencils into the bottom of your backpack you're going to have a lot of trouble finding things. Trust me, I've been there. Also, I'd keep a limit on the number of writing utensils that you lend out over the course of the year. I'm all about sharing and lending a hand, but sometimes it's just irritating knowing the person you lent it to most likely won't give it back.

The Night Before // I cannot stress how important it is to do things before you lay your head on your pillow and shut your eyes for the night. If you have practice after school get your bag ready the night before. Pack your lunch, backpack, and all homework the night before. I'm the kind of person that always wakes up late and this saves my life in the morning. Plus, it keeps you organized so you're not cramming everything in your bag as you run out the door!

Coffee & Breakfast // Some people are so against teens drinking coffee on a daily basis, but hey if you're going to fall asleep in your first period class you better sip that caffeine girlfriend! I'm not a huge fan of coffee, but when you're light on sleep you need a little pick me up. Breakfast is also super important to starting your day off right. I am trying super hard to actually eat breakfast this year because I've definitely skimped in the past years!

XO

Post a Comment