SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to School Workout

Even though I'm on the dance team at my school it's not always a total workout. We usually do some form of cardio at the beginning and some toning at the end, but sometimes we are just learning dances which is a lot of standing around. I'm not complaining, but sometimes I feel like I need another something to get my workout in. This workout is perfect for all of y'all that are feeling like me or that don't do a sport/activity in the fall. This workout isn't super time consuming which is fab because we all don't have time during the school year! 

Stretch // You should always start your workout with a good stretch to properly warm up. I honestly love to stretch! I may be biased because I am pretty flexible, but if you continually stretch you will become a lot more flexible and it will help you with whatever workout you are doing!

Run or Cardio // Personally I'm not a very good runner, but I've been really trying to improve my endurance and run more often. I recommend running slow and going farther because it will help you to build up your endurance. If I don't run super fast then I can run about 2 miles without stopping, but I'm working on building this up. If you're not a fan of running try some other form of cardio like biking, dance/zumba or using an elliptical. 

Tone // This is a great way to sculpt the fit body that you're looking to gain! Pushups & crunches are a great way to tone. There are tons of different options though such as lunges, v-dips, squats, jumping jacks, planks, etc. If you're looking for inspiration check out my fitness Pinterest board

Eating healthy is also a super important element of getting fit so be sure you're fueling your body with healthy foods and drinking lots of water!

Also a quick shoutout to my sister and one of my best friends on their birthday! Happy Birthday Kristen and Ava! Love you both!

XO

1 comment :

  1. Great tips! I've been trying to put in some more workouts too-stretching is always important before starting!

    Xo,
    Adalia
    seabreezeandstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete