SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 14, 2014

NYC Recap

I'm back! I missed a few days of posting (oops!), but I'm officially back! For those of you who didn't know, I was in NYC these past few days for the Smart Girls Conference at Fordham University! It was so much fun and I'm so glad I had the chance to meet so many fabulous bloggers. I had never been to New York City before (or anywhere on the East coast really) and it was such an adventure in the greatest city on earth! I'm mentally confused now because I always say that Los Angeles is my favorite place, but I feel that New York has it beat. I don't know though--it's a tough choice!

Day 1: 

When I first arrived in New York I was so excited to explore! My mom and sister accompanied me on the trip and also attended the conference. We explored the city a bit and went to our hotel! We stayed at The Empire Hotel *aka where Chuck Bass hangs out at the bar*. They had the prettiest pool deck and rooftop!


We later went for lunch at The Smith which was a total must! The food was delicious (although I forgot that Frannie had recommended the mac & cheese so I was missing out). I opted for a chicken sandwich and just looking at this picture makes me want it again!


Later in the day I met up with Anna and Hunter at the Kate Spade store on Madison Avenue. We found ourselves enjoying drinks on the gorgeous balcony and just getting to know each other. 


Day 2:

The first day of the Smart Girls Conference was today and I was so excited! The day was super fun and there were so many amazing speakers. My mom, sister and I left early (oops!) to explore the city. The summit was so interesting, but we felt that we were missing out on experiencing all that NYC has to offer. I showed them around Madison Avenue and we shopped a bit. For dinner we went to the super fun Stardust Diner. It's such a touristy location, but it was fun because they perform songs all night long. 


After dinner we had to explore Times Square just to see it. It was overwhelming, but an incredible sight!


Day 3:

The second day of the summit! Today the speakers were amazing! Of course seeing Carly and Mackenzie in real life was incredible! They gave such wise advice and it was funny to see how they are in real life vs. on the internet. I also met FrannieCarolineSammy and Chloe today! I had a ton of fun meeting them and seeing what they're like in real life (and in case you're wondering...they're fabulous!). 

I regret not bringing my camera that day because I didn't take any photos with the gals. Later that night we went to dinner at Cognac. The food was to die for and it had the cutest outdoor patio. 


Day 4:

We spent the day exploring SoHo on our last full day in NYC! There were so many stores! It was unreal! I consider Chicago to be a big city and I think there are 1/10 of the amount of stores there are in NYC! SoHo was such a fun place to explore with all of the shopping and cool locations. We went for lunch at The Crosby Bar (in the Crosby Hotel). The food was amazing and the decor of the hotel + restaurant were so cute! I was happy to find a cute little garden in the back of the hotel (stay tuned for an outfit post coming soon in this location!). 


My sister and I had to stop at the Alex & Ani store! Earlier in our trip we picked up bracelets! My sister got the crown bracelet and I got the shell one. If you haven't heard of Alex & Ani definitely check them out, their bracelets are so cute!


To end our day we dined at Tavern on the Green! The restaurant was probably one of the prettiest ones I've been to (and I've been to a lot)! It had the most gorgeous outdoor patio and the most gorgeous strung lights. At the end of our meal, a fireworks show lit up the sky over Central Park! It was the perfect ending to a perfect NYC day. 


Day 5: 

Our last day in NYC. We were only there for the morning, but my sister and I got up early to shoot a quick outfit post in Central Park.


 After the shoot we headed over to Magnolia bakery for a morning snack. My sister had been wanting to go there the whole trip so we were happy we were finally able to squeeze it in. The decor was so cute!


That ends my fabulous stay in NYC! Obviously there were more thing we did thrown into our day, but there was just way too much to include in just one post. Stay tuned for a few outfit posts as well! 

XO

4 comments :

  1. Kate this is an excellent recap. Good photos and text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of us is so cute!! And like seriously I miss you already you need to come back!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was such a fine time at the Kate Spade store and just getting to know you and Hunter! I want to come back too, Illinois is too boring!

      XO, Katelyn

      Delete