SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 9, 2016

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone! This week could not have gone by slower. My roommate is currently sick with the stomach flu so I've been sanitizing like crazy and sleeping on the floor of the dorm next door which I will probably continue to do until I leave for break. A bit tedious, but the stomach flu is my worst nightmare. 

This week was a bit rough, but my roommate being sick forced me to spend every extra minute that I wasn't in class at the library or in the student coffee shop. I ended up getting so much done and finishing everything earlier than I expected to. 

My life had a stroke of luck this week too and I am now able to go home two days earlier than I had planned. My math professor mentioned on Wednesday that if we wanted to take the final a day or two earlier we could so I called my mom as soon as I could to see if she could change my flight and lucky me, she changed it. Just as I thought all was well, my professor said that there were no longer any empty seats in the Monday final so I was freaking out because I thought I would have to change my flight again and go home later than expected. But, a miracle happened and someone opted to take the final later than Monday so I got their spot. I am forever grateful for this Christmas gift as it means I can head home and be with loved ones two days earlier than I expected.

Something I definitely learned this week was having hope, without having control. I had very little control over the events that happened this week; my roommate getting the stomach flu and my issue with finals vs. flights, but I attempted to remain hopeful throughout the course of the week. I opted to be proactive and email my professor (kind of a lot...woops) explaining my situation in hopes of receiving sympathy and also sleeping on the uncomfortable floor in my friend's room to avoid getting sickness. 

Life throws all sorts of things at everyone and the main thing is how you deal with what life gives you. My dad always said two things: 1. control the controllables and 2. 90% of life isn't what happens to you, but how you react to it. There are so many things that I don't have control over so I must go on through life not worrying about the things that I can do nothing about. However, being proactive and asking for something you want is important as well because if you never ask, the answer will always be no. 

Sorry for that bit of a rant, but this week was a major learning lesson for me--in perfect timing with the holidays and finals. I hope everything is going well for you. 

If you're a college student, have you dealt with a situation similar to mine? I'd love to hear about your experience.

Xo

1 comment :

  1. Kate! You are beautiful I wish you a happy life ahead. I don’t know what you do in your life besides blogging. But I am sure that you love your friends.

    ReplyDelete