SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Ecuador Part II

Continuing on my recap of my trip let's begin with day 5. A few kids ended up getting sick on the trip and I was feeling blessed that I wasn't one of them. The rest of us headed to Antisana National Park to mainly just explore and hike. Honestly, this wasn't one of the highlights of the trip mainly just because I'm not super into bird watching and hiking in areas where the scenery isn't constantly changing. But, we did have quite an adventure on our bus. We rode a coach bus for our mode of transportation but the roads of Ecuador were definitely not designed for this type of transit. There may or may not have been a few moments where we legit almost fell of a cliff... After hiking we headed to a local restaurant for lunch and I had some of the best fish I've ever had. Seriously so good



On day 6 we went to hot springs to soak up the sun and relax in the mineral water. It was such a strange experience because I pictured it much more nature-y, but I was not picturing the correct hot springs in my mind. This was more of a pool/spa type of deal. I ended up getting super sun burnt (that high altitude sun will get ya), but now it's lucky faded to tan. It was amazing to lounge in the pools while staring up at the Andes mountains. Seriously such a breathtaking view. 


The final full day was spent visiting the final few churches we didn't get to see on the first day and then we took a cable car up to the top of a mountain overlooking the city. It was the perfect way to reflect from the entire trip and stand in awe at the amazing city of Quito. We took tons of photos with this view and I swear the background looks so fake because we're about 14, 000 feet up and there are clouds and a city far below us. 





Overall my trip to Quito was so amazing and I would definitely love to go back someday. Next on my list in South America is definitely Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Lima, Peru!

What did you do for spring break?

Xoxo

Post a Comment