SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 22, 2016

Behind The Gram (Insta in Real Life)

This post was circulating last year, but I thought it would be so fun to bring it back. Instagramming is a huge part of being a successful blogger, and something I often fail at. I do not have a knack for taking cute pictures and editing them to perfection. Don't get me wrong I try, but I'm not nearly as successful as many other bloggers. I'm working on it though. It was one of my goals to Instagram more consistently and create a more aesthetically pleasing feed. I'm trying my best and now that it stays brighter out later I can finally get that lighting #keytosuccess. Here's a recap on some of my photos and what was actually happening. Also, read my first post about insta vs. reality here!

 Instagram...Oh yeah hmm which should I wear today? They're both so cute and perfectly laid out!
Reality...This took me a good 10 minutes to actually get laid out perfectly #foldingskills. I pulled out two of my prettiest pieces just to snap this photo, but of course didn't wear either of those.

Instagram...Casually matching with the American flag because I just love my country that much.
Reality...I'm too obsessed with the American flag so I forced my dad to hold this flag up behind me while he was grilling. It took me at least 30 photos to actually get one that I liked. I was also in dire need of a trim because look at those ends...ew.

 Instagram...Super cute cupcakes that are so candid! I had lots of friends to share them with too!
Reality...My friend is ridiculously obsessed with Sweet Mandy B's and bought herself an entire pack so she could eat them. Oh, and she ate all four of those in one day. #goals

 Instagram...Boutta head to brunch with the essentials! My Burberry scarf & Tory Burch wallet!
Reality...I got home from bunch and was about to climb back in bed because why not, but realized I hadn't posted on Instagram in forever. My mom got me this fake scarf somewhere on the streets of NYC so I was trying to hide the label that clearly stated it was not Burberry.

Instagram...Pen pals!! Yay!! Let's write letters!
Reality...This one isn't a total lie. I really do love writing letters and having pen pals, but this took me forever to get in the right set up. The pencils kept rolling so you couldn't see the cute messages on them, which, in fact, I only bought so I could use them in Insta posts...they're actually awful and the erasers don't work.

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little peek behind the scenes of the gram and everything is not what it seems (Wizards of Waverly place reference anyone?). Share yours too! I'd love it read.

Xoxo

5 comments :

  1. I love this! I did a post a while back on what goes on behind the gram. I think it can come as such a shock to some people, especially non-bloggers!

    XO, Brooke
    https://livethepreplife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check out your post too! I'm sure it's hysterical!

      Xo!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this post!! This is too accurate!

    Carley @ preppylane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Carley! The truth is finally revealed about blogger snaps!

      Xo!

      Delete
  3. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. buy instagram followers cheap

    ReplyDelete