SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


Is your mouth watering yet? 

Recently I've been having a lot of stomach issues and I somehow concluded that gluten was my problem. For the past few days I've eliminated it from my diet and truth be told it has actually helped a lot! Now that I'm not eating gluten my stomach problems are nonexistent! I am still trying to find recipes because you'd be surprised at the things gluten is in (a lot of things), but the other day I made this amazing gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe. I will never make regular cookies anymore just because these are so good! I wish I could take credit for the recipe, but I found it via an awesome gluten free blog

Here's the recipe! If you think they won't be good just because they're gluten free don't be biased! My brother and a bunch of his friends ate these cookies even before they knew they were gluten free and loved them!

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (this was pretty easy to find in the gluten free aisle of my grocery store)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the butter and sugars using an electric mixer. The mixture may be crumbly. Then add the vanilla and egg and beat until it is smooth.

2. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients (soda, salt, flour). Slowly incorporate this into your wet mixture. Beat until well mixed, the dough could be sticky.

3. Fold in the chocolate chips! Scoop out the dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes! And you're done!

I promise you these cookies are the best thing ever! Give em a try--and if you do, let me know how you liked them!

XO

2 comments :

  1. Ooh those look absolutely delicious! I love gluten free recipes- I think it's always good to try something new. I will have to try this recipe.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite!!
    Maggie
    maggieroyce.com

    ReplyDelete