SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Weekend in My Life

Hello! Long time no chat...ugh I know I'm the worst. I'm super eager to get back into blogging though because honestly ever since I moved to LA my life has been so much more interesting than it was back in Chicago. What I really love about where I go to school is that it's not a city campus, but it's centrally located in such a bustling city. What's different about LA is that there's no one "city" location. In Chicago there's a specific downtown which is where most of the action occurs, but here there are so many different areas of Los Angeles that there is just so much to explore! 

California is also a unique state because you can drive a couple hours and be in somewhere totally new! Santa Barbara is only two hours north, San Diego only two hours south! With so much to do I love being able to take advantage of all the different places nearby. Here's a recap on my fun weekend!

On Wednesday my roommate basically forced me (LOL) to go to a Troye Sivan concert in West Hollywood. I didn't have a strong desire to attend, but ended up absolutely loving it!! Troye was seriously incredible live and his opening acts were so good too. Let's just say, he has a new fan! After the concert we were starved so we hit up Shake Shack. I was so happy to take my roomie here because she had never been. As good as In-N-Out is, Shake Shack will always be my favorite and a nice taste of home. 
Thursday nights my friends and I typically go out to dinner so we tried a new restaurant our RA recommended called Urban Plates. Omg. SO. GOOD. All of their food is super fresh and their menu is extremely vast so we'll definitely go back and try a few other dishes out. I got a barbecue chicken salad and it was absolutely amazing! 
Friday night was pretty uneventful, but during the day it was extremely hot. Southern California is pretty predictable, but it was high 80s instead of the usual mid 70s. One of my classes was cancelled so I didn't start class until 3 pm. I headed to the beach with a friend for a few hours before class and it was so nice to just soak up the sun and relax for a bit. Living within 3 miles of the beach definitely has its benefits!

Saturday I went to Newport Beach with my friend Meghan and it was quite possibly the best day ever. Her sister lives nearby so she picked us up and drove us down to Newport around 10 am. Newport is only an hour south of LA, but it feels like a world away. It's a cute little beach down and is definitely an endless summer down there. We met up at her sister's friend's apartment and enjoyed a delicious breakfast on the patio. It was so refreshing to not eat dorm food, but also not eat out. I've been craving an actual home cooked meal! We spent the day out on a boat and it was so relaxing and fun! Not to mention how beautiful the area is!

Saturday night a few friends from USC visited and it was so fun to show them around LMU! I've visited USC a couple times for football games or to go out and it was nice to finally show my friends where I go to school for a change. It was also fun introducing them to all of my new friends here at school. 

I had such a fun weekend, but now I need to catch up on my studies and finish everything that I didn't over the weekend LOL. Let me know if you like more lifestyle-ish posts like this or let me know what you want to see on the blog! I'm all ears!

Xoxo

Post a Comment